When We Two Parted

When we two parted                  当初我们两分别时

In silence and tears,               只有沉默和眼泪

half broken-hearted                心儿几乎要破碎

to sever for years,                 得分隔多少年岁

palg grew thy cheek and cold,       你的脸苍白又冰冷

colder thy kiss;                    你的吻更寒意逼人

truly that hour foretold            那一刻正预示了

sorrow to this!                    我今日的悲伤

the dew of the morning             那天冰冷的朝露

sunk chill on my brow-             滴在我的额头

it felt like the warning           它似乎警示了

of what I feel now.                我此刻的痛楚

thy vows are all broken,           你背弃了所有的誓言

and light is thy fame:             名声也轻飘似云

I hear thy name spoken,             听到别人提到你的名字

and share in its shame.            我也感到无地自容

they name thee before me,           他们在我面前提到你

a knell to my ear;                  一声声如同丧钟敲响在耳际

a shudder comes o'er me-           我浑身颤栗——

why wert thou so dear?             为什么对你如此深情

they know not I knew thee          没人知道我了解你

who knew thee too well:             太过了解了——

long ,long shall I rue thee,       我将长久地为你懊悔

too deeply to tell.                懊悔之深难以言述

in secret we met-                  我俩秘密地相会

in silence I grieve,               我独自神伤

that thy heart could forget,       你的心儿竟忘却

thy spirit deceive.                你的灵魂竟欺骗

if I should meet thee            如果多年以后

after long years,                   我们再相见

how should I greet thee?            我该怎样面对你

with silence and tears.            只有沉默和眼泪